Three Campus Libraries & Learning Centres
- Docklands Library and Learning Centre
- Duncan House Library and Learning Centre
- Stratford Library and Learning Centre
Campus libraries offer very flexible Opening Hours throughout the year, including bank holidays, Christmas and Easter period. Please see the Accessibility Section for parking facilities, access for wheelchair users and more.
If a book or journal is not held (not listed on the catalogue) at a UEL Library and Learning Centre (LLC) you may be able request it from another library via the inter-library loan service. To assist your application, please read the FAQs below.
Sconul – Access to Other Libraries:
Participating university libraries will operate a variety of SCONUL Access policies. Don’t get caught out. Check the webpage’s of each Institution you wish to visit before travelling.
Sconul Access is a scheme, which enables students and staff to use other university libraries for either reference and study, or borrowing if appropriate. Please see below for more information or go directly to Sconul FAQ or see our Sconul Access blog.
- Subject Support listed by Subject Area
- Subject Support for Staff and Students
- Academic Liaison
- Endnote Training sessions
- UEL Reading Lists
- Suggest a Book
- Off-air recordings
- QAA/Subject Reviews/Professional Body of Accreditation Reviews
- PLATO Software
- Enquiry Desk – advice on subject-related enquiries
Research Tools and Support:
ISI Citation Indexes
- The ISI Citation Indexes, available as part of the Web of Knowledge may be of particular interest. It includes Journal Citation Reports which provide access to data that helps you evaluate and compare scholarly journals, including impact factors
Harvard Referencing & EndNote Software
- Cite them Right is the standard format for referencing at UEL. Our handy Harvard Referencing guide may help if you are not familiar with this format. NB the School of Psychology uses APA format.
- EndNote software: You can use the EndNote software to assist you in organising your references. EndNote X5 can be found under _Application Jukebox on the University Menu. Please see our Help & Support section for EndNote Tutorials. We also offer EndNote Training sessions, which can be booked with Subject Librarians.
- PLATO Software: PLATO software is a tutorial that covers plagiarism. It is designed to help students understand what constitutes plagiarism, how to avoid it, and how to properly cite and quote sources in order to avoid plagiarism
Institutional Repository roar@UEL
- The aim of roar@UEL is to establish, populate and promote an Institutional Repository service which will raise the profile and accessibility of University of East London research outputs.